Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ozzy Bear’s Crib has moved to Malaysia!

I have been waiting to put this into blog but I had no idea when it was going to happen and when it happened, it just happened too fast. I was not sure we were leaving four hours before we actually boarded the plane. The plane ticket came at 2:30 pm, June 21, Friday and the flight was at 6:30 pm that night. We literally felt like soldiers waiting for deployment uncertain of what was going to happen.

We were ready to leave. I had our suitcases packed for weeks. All we had to do was grab them and get on the plane. We had not seen my husband for a month and a half since he’d left for Malaysia and the first week was heart breaking. I realize now how OFW wives feel on the time their husbands/ wives leave for another country. On the first week, Ozzy wanted to keep staying up until Bits got home and asks for him first thing in the morning. Although I explained what was going on, and even brought him to take bits to the airport, he didn’t understand that it was going to be a while before he’d see Bits again. I kept seeing my husband disappear into the airport when he left and was courageously fighting tears. After all, Ozzy has to always know that everything is ok. It was the longest we were ever going to be apart.

When the visas were released Wednesday of that week, my husband wanted us to fly by Friday. We were celebrating his birthday on Sunday, June 23, 2013 and we wanted to be together for that.
We were there just in time to celebrate my husband's birthday!

Ozzy's butterfly cake put together from the convenience store on the ground floor of the condo. I had no idea how to get around yet or where to buy things so we had to keep it simple but happy.


The conversation before the flight was this on viber:

Mom: Ama wala pang ticket?
Ama: Wala pa L
Mom: So we’re not flying tomorrow?
Ama: Can still
Mom: Haaay. So when do we find out? Tom din? We need to plan logistics din ha. Antipolo kami mangangaling.
Ama: Assume tuloy. I’ll buy the tickets if I have to.
Mom: Ngark. Ok. Reimburse nila?
Ama: Don’t care. Need you.

My father brought us down very early that day and waited for the ticket on the road. My sister Aika monitored my Email and kept us updated in her office. She called us as soon as the tickets were sent in.We were able to print the tickets at my uncle’s house in Alabang just in time and was at the airport at 3:15, a bit early to check in for the 6:30 pm flight.


So as that stage of our life is over, we are now happily reunited in Malaysia! More stories about our adventures shall follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment