Wednesday, July 3, 2013

12th Day in KL MY Already!

It was the first time I flew alone with my son. I spent so much time doing research about surviving our trip together that I had a whole bag of magic tricks to entertain him. I even dreamed that we ended up in another country because I’ve had to pay attention to Ozzy’s antics and failed to read the signs. But we didn’t get lost. And the trip we took was uneventful. Ozzy fell asleep in the plane even before the plane took off. I had to wake him up while we were landing. He was in his seatbelt the whole trip and all I had an issue with was that the man behind me kept kneading the back of seat with his knees.

We got held up in immigration when we landed in Malaysia. All we had was a visa stamped on our passport. The dependent’s pass were submitted to the Malaysian embassy in Manila and I had no copy of the papers. The immigration officer didn’t like it. I didn’t know I had to have the documents copied for myself. All I had was our passports with the issued single entry visa. After a while of consultation among other immigration officers, Ozzy being his usual impatient self, and my texting bits about what was happening, we were allowed to go through. We spent an hour in the airport before we were able to meet up with Bits. We were so happy to be reunited.








Sentral Market older than the Philippine Independence!

Chillin near the condo pool

We’ve been in Malaysia for a good 12 days now. It seems like a lifetime when you’re experiencing so many new things. Bits has gotten us a nice little place to rent. It’s a new condo building near PWTC (Putra World Trade Center). The place itself is clean, safe, and very far from all the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur reminds me of Cebu. There is so much space and I could still enjoy the skyline while looking out from a cab window.




KLCC and the Petronas Towers

The trains can get you anywhere. Everything is connected by train. They don’t get filled up because almost everybody here owns a car. There is always room to sit at any time of the day. I am still trying to learn the train system and am still a bit afraid to go and get lost (especially with Ozzy). We have gone out to see KLCC and Petronas Towers to take pictures. We have ridden the Monorail which was quite a scary experience being on a tilting railway. 
That's a train station down there seen from our condo window.

No comments:

Post a Comment